Thursday 14 August 2008

no deep fried haggis for me


so i was on holiday in Scotland which meant two things: lie-ins and beer! haha

but since i'm trying to be good and change my wrong-un ways i put a beer curfew in place that meant no daytime drinking! haha

and surprisingly it worked!
6pm was beer o'clock and i even went had a booze-free Wednesday to keep a lid on the old calories, but still had a few cheeky ales the rest of the time!

so feel quite pleased with my holiday excesses - in that they weren't as bad as usual! haha

my holiday reading however was traumatising! i read a book called Skinny B*tch which told me to trust no-one when it came to modern food and that a global food corporation would sell its granny for a bigger profit and that means dirty dirty chemicals and hormones are in our food cos it makes their back pocket bigger! how rude!

i was literally agog at how awful and un-natural our food chain has become and it made me relieved to be a veggiwarian! though i do eat dairy and am currently cutting that right back! haha

its all about chickpeas at chez jodes now baby!

No comments: